It is better to install garden lights on the side of the sidewalk to illuminate the road. Specific installation method:
- Low-power high-color high-pressure sodium lamps, metal halide lamps, energy-saving lamps and LED lamps should be used as light sources for garden lights.
- The grounding of the courtyard The grounding of garden lights should be strictly paid attention to. Metal columns and lamps can be close to bare conductors and should be connected reliably with PEN wires. The grounding wire should be provided with a single trunk line. Less than two places are connected to the mains leading out of the grounding device.
- Power-on trial run After the lamps are installed and passed the insulation test, the power-on trial run is allowed. After power-on, check and inspect carefully to check whether the control of the lamps is flexible and accurate; whether the switch and the control sequence of the lamps correspond to each other. If any problem is found, the power should be cut off immediately, and the cause should be found out and repaired.
how to install 12v led garden lights?
- The landscape garden lights of the community should be pre-buried, the garden light poles should be installed vertically and firmly fixed to the foundation, and the anchor bolts and caps should be complete. The fuse box of each set of lamps is complete with fuses, and the specifications are compatible with the lamps. The junction box or fuse box of the lamp, and the waterproof gasket of the box cover should be installed completely. Garden lights with arms should be positioned correctly, fixed reliably, fasteners complete and tightened, and each set of lights should be equipped with fuse protection. If the LED garden light has a device that automatically opens and closes according to the brightness of natural light, it should be debugged, and the automatic on-off power control device of the lamp should operate accurately.
- The grounding of landscape garden lights in the community needs to be strictly paid attention to. The exposed conductors accessible to metal columns and lamps should be reliably connected to the PEN wire. The grounding wire should be provided with a single main line, which should be arranged along the garden lights to form a ring network, and the grounding main line should be connected to the main line of the grounding device at no less than 2 places. The branch line drawn out from the main grounding line is connected to the grounding terminal of the metal lamp post and the lamp, and is marked. The grounding branch line of led lamps cannot be connected in series with the lamps to prevent the displacement or replacement of individual lamps and cause other lamps to lose their grounding protection.
- 3. Residential garden lights should be well protected when connected to electricity. After the power-on trial run lamps are installed and passed the insulation test, the power-on trial run is allowed. After power on, you should check and inspect carefully to check whether the control of the lamps is flexible and accurate; whether the switch and the control sequence of the LED lamps correspond to each other. If any problem is found, the power should be cut off immediately, and the cause should be found out and repaired.
how to make solar led garden lights?
make solar led garden lights Before choosing the value of the components and going to the circuit diagram, it is necessary to choose the load for our project. By load we mean the type of garden light we will be using in the project. Because the voltage and current rating of the lamp dictates how the circuit is designed.
The LEDs we are using in this project are common Chinese LEDs with an operating voltage of 3.2V and a maximum forward voltage of 4.5V. So if two LEDs are connected in series, the forward voltage is 6.4V. The LEDs used in our project are shown below.
So a 7.4V lithium battery can provide a minimum of 6.4V (fully discharged) to a maximum of 8.4V (fully charged). Therefore, this project uses a 7.4V lithium battery as the power supply, the same below. If you are completely new to lithium batteries, you can check out this Li-ion battery basics article to get a better understanding of batteries.
The battery selected for this application will have built-in protection circuitry that protects the battery from overcharge, deep discharge, and short circuit related conditions. If your battery does not provide these features, be sure to use an external protection module, as lithium batteries can become very unstable and could even explode if mishandled.
Circuit diagram of solar garden light
The solar garden light circuit will consist of two parts. One is for charging and the other is for controlling the LED. The complete circuit diagram is explained in two parts, the first part is as follows
N-channel MOSFETQ2, IRF540N is used for charge control operation. Potentiometer R1 is used to set the battery voltage level by controlling the gate voltage of N-channel MOSFETQ2. Schottky rectifier diode D1 is SR160, a 1A60V Schottky diode used to protect the battery from reverse polarity as well as prevent reverse flow during discharge conditions. Output Schottky diode D2 is used to isolate the charger voltage from the battery voltage.
Another part of the circuit is used to turn on the LED in dark conditions. This is done by another P-channel MOSFET Q1 of the IRF9540. The MOSFET gate is controlled by the solar voltage. So whenever the solar cell produces voltage, the MOSFET stays off, but in the dark or at night, the battery does not produce voltage and the MOSFET turns on. By using P-channel MOSFETs, the extra LDR and comparator circuits are completely eliminated.
Now, for the second part of the circuit, the LEDs are connected in series and parallel. Two LEDs connected in series increase the forward voltage to twice that of a single LED, but the current through the LEDs is split. The 4 parallel connections consist of two LEDs connected in series. More LEDs in parallel will increase the current and affect the battery backup.
It is estimated that the current flowing through each series is almost 40mA. So 4 parallel strings draw 160mA. The battery chosen for this project will effectively light the LED for almost 5-6 hours under nominal charge conditions. LED light strings can be added as needed.
Solar Garden Light Construction
To build the circuit, the following components are required −
Lithium battery 7.4V (mAH depends on backup time), built-in protection circuit.
LEDs with a 3.5V forward voltage (other voltages will work as well, but the LED strip construction will vary)
IRF9540N – P Channel Mosfet
IRF540N – N-channel Mosfet
2 SR160 Schottky diodes
Solar panel 15–18V, if you choose a 3600mAH battery, the rated current is more than 300mA.
Wires for connecting solar panels and LEDs
We used solar panels with the following specifications.
It is a 10W solar panel with an output voltage of 18V. Solar panels are placed in bright sunlight during peak sun conditions. Control the potentiometer so that the voltage across D2 is 8.5V. This is due to the charging voltage, which is 8.4V when the lithium battery is fully charged. When the battery starts to charge, an ammeter is connected in series with the battery to check the charging current. You could also improvise this project with a solar tracker to maximize battery charge, but that’s beyond the scope of this project.
As you can see from the multimeter reading below, the charging current is almost 300mA. This change will depend on sun conditions, increasing on sunny days and decreasing on cloudy days.
At night, when the solar panel does not receive radiation, the panel will have no output current, so the battery will stop charging and the LED light will be on. The full working of this project can also be found in the video linked below, where we demonstrate that the light turns on automatically if the panel is not receiving radiation.
One thought on “how to install led garden lights? how to make solar led garden lights?”